Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Starting to Get Caught Up...

I was luckily able to copy all the trip reports that I'd posted on VFTT and the MWO forums and drop them directly into the blog with just a few minutes needed to reformat each one.  I'm now caught up with all the TRs from 2008 through 2010.  Definitely a fun trip down memory lane.  I've still got a bunch of new ones to write from old photo albums that never had trip reports (going back to 2004).  I've also got a lot of plans for other features of the blog:

Pages for the 4000 Footer and 52 With A View lists with links to the hikes

Labels on all the posts

Resource page with my favorite links to hiking websites, books, etc

3D overhead views of all the routes and Google Earth route links.  (This is actually pretty easy to do after the fact for hikes in the Whites since you can create routes on all the trails using the AMC White Mountain Guide Online.  Don't need a GPS to record these!

I've been gathering ideas for format and content of the blog from the many other hiking blogs that I've visited recently.  If anyone has any thoughts on other things that would make the blog better please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    If you add a "trip report" label to your posts I can have TrailsNH.com pick them up and geo-tag them to the current trail conditions map.

    -Kimball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimball - I'll definitely do that! I love using TrailsNH and it will be great to have our TR's listed.

    ReplyDelete